Our client, based in Northampton, is recruiting for a Financial Controller to head the finance team.
● To be responsible for the filing of timely and accurate statutory accounts, in conjunction with external accountants ● Ensuring compliance with all financial policies and procedures ● To be responsible for completion and filing of all other statutory filing requirements, including but not limited to VAT returns, EC Sales list and statistical returns ● Set up and maintain an appropriate nominal ledger structure to enable current and future reporting which is both compliant and useful ● Develop and maintain effective and efficient financial controls to ensure accuracy of book-keeping entries ● Leading on the annual audit
Cash Management & Treasury
● Monitoring and forecasting of working capital to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements ● Manage debtors, assessing risks to minimise bad debts ● Pay creditors to optimise cash position whilst maintaining effective supplier relationships ● Assignment of additional funds to treasury accounts
Targets & KPIs: ● Minimum cover of 1 month's trading (including overdraft) ● Maximum cover of 2 month's trading
● Ensuring the integrity of the accounting information, producing accruals, prepayments and other journals as appropriate ● Control and reconciliation of all Balance Sheet accounts ● Reconciliation of intercompany trading accounts ● Maintain the list of fixed assets and related depreciation ● Oversee Finance processes including set up of new clients ● Dealing with general client and other queries escalated by Finance team ● Running of monthly payroll, PSA and PAYE reporting and control ● Pensions reporting ● Assisting employees with salaries / wages and PAYE related queries ● Providing cover for other team members
Business Analysis & Management Reporting
● Financial analysis within the business to identify cost saving, new opportunities and advise on strategic direction ● Proactively generating Report on the following, monthly ○ Expense vs Budget report for each department and analysis of variances ○ Adjusted P&L for the business ○ Report on adjustments made and reasons ○ Agreed KPIs for fulfilment centre ■ Productivity ■ Variable Costs ○ Validation of department KPIs ● Provide support and ad hoc reports to management team as requested ● Advice to the business on financial implications of projects and proposed changes ● Business and cost analysis on the business
Management of the Finance team
● Line manager to the Finance team, setting clear objectives and KPIs for the team ● Coaching, development and recruitment of the Finance team ● Payroll reporting, disciplinaries and other related administrative duties ● Sickness, absence and attendance monitoring
EngineerOur client, based near Didcot, Oxfordshire is recruiting for a maintenance engineer.Maintain areas of factory.To maintain production machines as required.To carry out planned maintenance checks on engineering plant as required.To work and maintain good safety standards and codes of practice....
Credit ControllerSalary to 25k CambridgeOur client, based in Central Cambridge, is looking for a credit controller and accounts assistant.Duties:Managing the sales ledgerCredit control Customer applications for any financeJournal postingsReconciliationsRaising invoicesIssuing statements. A minimum ...